This is a veggie-packed dish that gets a protein boost from both quinoa and beans.
What are the nutritional values from this dish?
- Calories per serving: – 224
- Saturated fat per serving: – 1g
- Fat per serving: – 7g
- Fiber per serving: – 8g
- Cholesterol per serving: – 0mg
- Carbohydrates per serving: – 33g
- Protein per serving: – 8g
- Iron per serving: – 3mg
- Sodium per serving: – 480mg
- Calcium per serving: – 92mg
Vegetarian White Bean Chili – Recipe
Time for preparation
– Active: 25 minutes
– Total: 40 minutes
Serves: 6 persons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1/2-in. pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 large white onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 15.5-oz. cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 3 ribs celery, cut into 1/2-in. pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped lacinato kale (about 2 oz.)
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup uncooked white quinoa, rinsed
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- In the oil add onion, celery and carrot
- Cook the mixture stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender,
- Stir in beans, salt and cumin, and cook, stirring often, until toasted and fragrant.
- Adding broth, increase heat to high and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 6 minutes or until slightly reduced,
- Stir in quinoa and kale and cover to cook about 15 minutes or until kale and quinoa are tender,
- Stir in oregano.