There are 1000s of energy bite recipes that are written in many recipe books or can be found on recipe blogs. They can be made with oats, Medjool dates, and a million different ingredients thrown in, and give a million different energy bite creations.
Keeping that simple, you can prepare a basic recipe using Medjool dates, mixing them with peanut butter and cocoa powder.
For all of you that haven’t tried these energy bites yet then you should put that recipe on your priority list.
Prep time – 15 mins
Total time – 15 mins
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 – cup (about 14) Medjool Dates
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup peanuts
- Small dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- The dates should be soaked in warm tap water for 10 minutes and then drained.
- Placing the dates, cocoa powder, peanut butter, chia seeds, peanuts, vanilla, and salt into a blender and pulse until are well blended and form a thick dough. You can add 1 tablespoon of water if the dough doesn’t come together.
- Prepare 20 rolled balls and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, about 3 hours or overnight. You can also place in the freezer.
Each bite has 103 calories, 3 grams protein, 5 grams fat, 9 grams sugar and 2 grams fiber
It’s a healthy way to curb your chocolate cravings without added sugar and processed ingredients.
You can make these energy bites ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator up to 7 days or in the freezer up to 3 months.
Source, Original Article: www.fitnessmagazine.com