Let us clarify that the Paleo way of life is not something that you need to restrict, which you can see here from this lovely butter chicken recipe.
All ingredients are with good-quality that make it as good.
Be encouraged to use vegetable components. Include in eggplant, zucchini, okra, asparagus, sweet potato, pumpkin and Asian water spinach. The rice can be replaced with cauliflower “rice, chilli” or broccoli “rice” will be a nice option and has become a big hit (a mixture of both will be OK, too).
More about the recipe:
– Paleo-style butter chicken contains a wealth of healthy fats and antioxidant-rich spices
– The flavor is changing by adding vegetables of your choice, including asparagus, eggplant, pumpkin or zucchini
– You ca serve it with broccoli “rice” or healthy cauliflower
Butter Chicken – Recipe
Serves: 4 persons
Preparation time: 30 minutes and cooking time: 30 minutes
– 700 g chicken thigh fillets,
– 4 tablespoons coconut oil
– 4 garlic cloves, crushed
– 1 large onion, diced
– 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
– 2 teaspoons garam masala
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1 teaspoon ground coriander
– ½ teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
– 1 to 2 pinches of cayenne pepper (optional)
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– 3 tablespoons tomato paste
– 1 400 ml can coconut cream
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– Cauliflower Rice (see recipe), to serve
1) In a large saucepan heat 4 tablespoons of the coconut oil (medium heat)
2) Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes until transparent.
3) Turning the heat down (low), stir in the garlic and spices, then add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
4) Add the salt, coconut cream, lemon juice and mix well.
5) Increase the heat up to medium, bringing the sauce to a simmer.
6) Then adding the chicken, stir well until coated with the sauce.
7) Cover the pan and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring it occasionally, or until the chicken is cooked completely and the sauce has thickened.
8) You can garnish it with the coriander and serve with the cauliflower rice.
– 1 head cauliflower, chopped
– Sea salt and black pepper to taste
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil
1) Into a food processor put the chopped cauliflower florets and pulse until the cauliflower has reduced into tiny pieces (as grains of rice)
2) In a frying pan with coconut oil lightly cook the cauliflower for about 4 to 6 minutes, or until softened.
3) Season with pepper and salt to taste.
4) Serve it like you serve a rice – but you should know that is much healthier and faster tp prepare (it takes a quarter of the time to cook)!
5) Add if you want chilli, seeds, other spices, herbs, nuts, seafood, meats, vegetables, sauces, etc.