A strong, toned back is a key to perfect posture, prevents back pain and allow you to look your best in the skimpiest dresses.
For the most of the people, having a toned back is due to the following of healthy diet and regular fitness training.
Here we are presenting you a set of exercises that work your entire backside and help you to firm your back.
How to do:
– Complete 3 sets of 15 reps for each exercise,
– Use a weight that is heavy enough
- Straight-Leg Deadlift
Works: strengthen all the muscles that surround your spine, as well as your hamstrings, abs and glutes.
– Start with a pair of dumbbells with an overhand grip, holding them at arm’s length in front of your thighs. Keep knees slightly bent andfeet hip-width apart.
– Keeping your knees bent, brace your core, bend at your hips and lower your
– Keep the dumbbells as close to your body as possible while lowering.
– Hold this position a while, then raise your torso and return to starting position.
- Split Stance Extension
Works: entire backside and thanks to bodyweight move challenge the balance.
– Begin standing with your feet together, keep knees slightly bent and hands behind your head.
– Step your left foot about 3 feet behind you,shifting your weight into your right leg,
– Drawing the abs in tight, bend at your hips and lower your torso (almost parallel to the floor).
– Returning to starting position, keep your back naturally arched
Performs 8 reps and then switch legs and repeat.
- Alternating Dumbbell Row
Benefits: works each side of your body separately, forces your core to work even harder and bolsters muscle imbalances.
– Begin with a pair of dumbbells with an underhand, standing with your feet shoulder-width apart.
– Bending at your hips and knees, lower your torso (almost parallel to the floor), keeping your lower back naturally arched.
– Keep your abs in tight, bending your left elbow and pulling the weight to the side of your torso.
– Lowering your left arm, bend your right elbow, performing a row on another side, to complete one rep.
Alternate until you complete 15 reps total.
- Bow and Arrow
Benefits: targets the muscles in your upper back.You can perform it by using dumbbells
– Start with a pair of dumbbells with an overhand grip, standing with your feet together.
– Bracing your abs in tight, extend your arms out in front of your chest,
– Bending your left elbow, pull your arm behind you
– Extend your left arm and bend and simultaneously pull your right arm back, to complete one rep.
Perform 15 reps.
- Kneeling Rear Fly
Works: the muscles in your middle and upper back.
– Begin with a pair of dumbbells, kneeling on the floor and your hands below your shoulders (dumbbells at the floor)
– Lift your left arm straight out to the side, keeping it slightly bent and hold for 1 count,
– Lowering slowly, return to the starting position, to complete one rep.
Perform 15 reps with left and then with your right arm.
- Opposite Arm and Leg Balance
Benefits: tones your entire backside and engaging your core muscles.
– Start on all fours (hands and knees) with your palms flat on the floor keeping the knees bent 90 degrees.
– Lift your right arm and left leg bringing them in line with your body and hold for 10 counts.
– Repeat on the other side to complete one rep.
Perform 3 reps total.
- Spine Extensions
Benefits: prevents back pain by counteracting the forward, flexed position
– Start laying face down on the floor with your legs straight, arms next to your sides, palms down and toes pointed.
– Contracting your glutes and the muscles in your lower back, lift your shoulders, chest, and arms off the floor.
– Rotating your arms (thumbs point towards the ceiling), pull your shoulder blades back. Hold this position for 2-3 counts and slowly lower back to the floor to complete one rep.
Perform 15 reps total.
- Full-Body Bridge
Works: entire body, with an extra emphasis on your backside.
– Begin laying face up with your legs straight, feet flexed and hip-width apart.
– Bending your arms in by your sides, press your elbows into the floor.
– Squeeze your shoulder blades down and together, engaging your abs. Pressing down with your arms, lift your hips as high as you can. Hold this position for 1 count.
– Return slowly to the starting position, to complete one rep.
Perform 15 reps total.