Sometimes when you are eating ice cream you’ll realize that you cannot eat an entire tub, simply because your body don’t accept it, so you restrain yourself. For you who love ice cream isn’t reason to worry, as we’ve found an ice cream recipe your body will like, and it’s tasty too!
The main ingredients of this recipe are turmeric and coconut.
Benefits of Turmeric and Coconut
The origin of turmeric is from Indian cuisine. It is a yellow pigmented curry spice, rich in antioxidants and high in anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, it increases disease resistance, even to cancer.
It happens because of great benefits of compound curcumin found in turmeric. For some people may be a problem with the taste, however, try to ignore it, because you’ll not get all that benefits.
Almost all of you have experienced a coconut in different forms, and certainly, you were satisfied. It comes from the palm trees and is well – known for containing the coconut water inside a white center, but it contains a high concentration of electrolytes and antioxidants, too.
As it lowers the total cholesterol it is very good for cardiovascular health, and it contains antiviral, antibacterial and anticancer properties as well.
Combining the two supper ingredients you’ll do wonders for your health.
Golden Milk Turmeric Ice Cream
Can be prepared for 15 min
Serves: 8 cups
- 14oz of coconut milk
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 7oz of coconut cream (or ½ cup of coconut yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons raw pecans
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- ¼ teaspoons. cardamom
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- Soaking cashews in a water (minimum of 2 hours) make them soggy
- At the same time, layer a pan with parchment paper and put in the freeze
- Drained cashews add to a blender with all the other ingredients
- Blend on high until cashews and pecans are broken down and you get combined mixture
- Pour the mixture into the frozen pan and return the pan to the freezer overnight to harden
- After removing from the freezer, top with more pecans if desired, and serve
Bonus tip: Do not shake it as the cashews and coconut milk makes it thick and creamy.