Cleansing the body is a process to treat disease, clear skin, and give the body an overall rejuvenation and rest. One cleansing technique that has become quite popular in the last few years among all parts of the world is Soup Cleansing.
Benefits of a Soup Cleanse
Detoxing is as much about feeding your body as it is releasing toxins from it. Doing a detox will help support the relevant organs in this process and make them more efficient. A good detox will promote a healthy liver, kidneys, gut, lungs, lymphatic system, or even skin.
Benefits of a soup cleanse include increased energy levels, reduced inflammation, cell rejuvenation, disease prevention, clear skin and weight loss.
How to Properly Soup Cleanse
– Tend to last 1-3 days.
– Eat often throughout the day (start by having five to six soups per day)
– Consume mostly vegetables
– Drink enough water
– Make your soup in advance
How to Make Detox Soup Recipes:
There are plenty of detoxifying soup recipes and it is very important to know how to prepare them. Here a few guidelines:
1) Start with a broth
2) Add healing spices (turmeric, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, garlic, etc.
3) Add Greens and Veggies (spinach, kale, leeks, zucchini, carrots, onion, etc.
4) Add starchy veggies if desired: plantain, sweet potato, butternut squash, acorn squash, beets or parsnips.
5) Add protein: beans, nuts and lentils,
6) Add health fat: olive oil, coconut oil, avocado, ghee, avocado oil.
7) Blend until smooth!
Three Detox Soup Recipes
Broccoli Detox Soup
– 3 celery stalks, finely diced
– 2.5 cups broccoli florets
– 1 cup kale or spinach
– 1 onion, finely diced
– 2 cups vegetable or bone broth
– 2 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
– Juice of ½ lemon
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil
– ½ teaspoon sea salt
– 2 tablespoons collagen (optional)
1) Heat the coconut oil in a soup pot, add the celery sticks, onion and broccoli, and cook and stir over low heat for five minutes.
2) Adding broth, bring to a boil, then cover the pot and let simmer until the vegetables are soft (5 minutes).
3) Stir in the greens and collagen (optional)
4) Blend until smooth.
Carrot Ginger Detox Soup Recipe
– 2 onions, peeled and chopped
– 2 pounds carrots, chopped
– 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
– 6 cups bone or vegetable broth
– 1 cup coconut milk
– 3 garlic cloves, chopped
– 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
– sea salt, black pepper and onion powder to taste
– 2 tablespoons plain protein or collagen powder (optional)
1) Place broth, carrots, garlic and ginger in a pot and bring to a boil.
2) Reducing heat, simmer until carrots are soft.
3) Saute onions until caramelized.
4) Place the onions in the broth mixture and in a blender and blend until smooth
5) Add coconut milk and seasonings in the smooth mixture, transferring it into a large pot.
6) Mix until well incorporated.
Red Lentil Detox Soup
– 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
– ¼ cup coconut oil, olive oil, or ghee
– 1 small white onion, chopped
– 1 apple, peeled and chopped
– ½ cup red lentils, rinsed
– 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
– ½ teaspoon chili powder
– ½ teaspoon ground cumin
– 4.5 cups bone or vegetable broth
– ½ teaspoon paprika
– Sea salt and black pepper to taste
– 1-inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
– Coconut cream for topping, optional
1) Place the chopped sweet potatoes, carrots, apple, and onion in the pot with melted oil.
2) Stir and cook the vegetables and apples until the onions are translucent (10 minutes).
3) Stir the ginger, lentils, chili powder, cumin, broth and paprika into the pot with the apple and vegetable mixture.
4) Bring the soup to a boil over high heat, continue on the medium-low, cover, and simmer until the vegetables and lentils are soft (30 minutes).
5) Puree the soup in a blender until smooth.
6) Return it to the cooking pot, and adding water or broth as needed, thin the soup to your preferred consistency.
7) Top with pepper, salt and coconut cream to taste.