As your summer dresses (strapless dresses) expose your upper back, upper chest, shoulders and arms, you should pay attention how they look like.
If you are not satisfied and wish to shape all these parts, switch to this workout.
Perform these arm exercises in a row with no rest in between. Repeat the circuit, resting a minute between circuits.
- Standing V Raise
– Starting position – Holding a dumbbell in each hand, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms at your sides, palms in.
– Raise the weights diagonally in front of you, keeping arms straight but not locked, in the form a V shape. Hold for one second, then return to the starting position to complete one rep.
Perform 12 to 15 reps.
- Shoulder Press
– Starting position – in standing position hold a pair of dumbbells just above your shoulders, palms facing each other and, knees slightly bent.
– Press the weights straight overhead and hold for one second, then slowly (three seconds) to lower the dumbbells back to your shoulders, to complete one rep.
Perform six to eight reps.
- Rotating Triceps Kickback
– Starting position – in standing position, with your knees bent, lean forward slightly, holding a dumbbell in each hand.
– Bending your right elbow to bring the dumbbell to your side, make your upper arm parallel with the floor.
– Pressing the dumbbell back, and straightening your arm, rotate it while palm faces the ceiling.
– Rotating it back, return your arm to the bent position to complete one rep.
Perform 12 to 15 reps with each arm.
- Pike Walk Pushup Combo
– Starting position – Standing with your feet together and arms at your sides.
– Bending over the place your hands or fingertips on the floor in front of you.
– By walking on your hands forward come to pushup position and do one pushup.
– Then walk your feet forward palms, until they’re as close to your hands as possible. That completes one rep.
Repeat five or six times.
- Airplane Extension
– Starting position – Laying face down, extend your arms out at shoulder level with your palms facing the floor.
– Pulling your shoulder blades together, lift your legs, arms and chest off the floor.
– Hold that position and bring your arms forward, reaching past your head, then move them back. Lower yourself to the floor, to complete one rep.
Perform 10 to 15.
- Crescent Lunge and Row
– Starting position – stand with your feet together and grab a dumbbell (8 pounds) in your right hand.
– Lunge forward with your left leg and left knee bent 90 degrees.
– Lowering your torso as close as possible to your left knee, raise your left arm out to the side to shoulder height and palm down, allow the dumbbell in your right hand to hang naturally.
– Rowing the dumbbell straight up until your right elbow passes your torso. That completes one rep.
Perform 12 to 15 on one side, then repeat on the opposite side.
Tip: Don’t increase the weight until you’ve mastered perfect form.
– Starting position – Get into a standard push-up position
– Lowering yourself to the floor, push yourself up, rotate the right side of your body upward and lift your right arm rolling onto the outside of your left foot. Hold that position for one second and returning to the pushup position. Repeat, on another side to complete one rep.
Perform five reps.
Source, Original Articles: www.womenshealthmag.com