When you want to tone and strengthen your deepest core muscles for a firmer and flatter belly, this 10-minute routine is your real choice. It is composed of essential corrective exercises and highly effective Pilates work, which help you reactivate weak belly muscles gently and quickly.
The final result: a toned core that will support your every move and reduce the risk of back pain.
HOW IT WORKS:
– Perform each exercise for 20 seconds, and rest for 10 seconds between the moves.
– Repeat the circuit 4 times.
- DEAD BUG TO REVERSE CRUNCH
– Starting position – laying on your back with feet flat on the floor and knees bent. Pulling belly to spine, press lower back into the floor and while you hold this position, extend arms over chest and lift knees over the hips.
– As you keep back pressed into the floor, extend your right arm behind your head and left leg in front of you.
– Returning to starting position, repeat on opposite side.
– Then, pulling your belly in, lift your butt and hips a few inches off the floor performing a reverse crunch, to complete 1 rep.
– Starting position – laying on your back and shifting your weight on your forearms, bend your knees and lift them over your hips in a tabletop position.
– Make a circle with your legs in a clockwise motion, leading with your knees.
– Return to the starting position and repeat the circle in the opposite direction, to complete one rep.
- AB TUCK
– Starting position – sitting on the floor with feet flat and knees bent, place your hands on the floor beside hips.
– Leaning torso back a few inches and lift feet off the floor.
– Engaging abs, extend legs and lower your torso closer to the floor.
– Hold this position, then pull knees back to the chest and return to starting position.
- BIRD DOG
– Starting position – on floor on all fours
– Engaging core, shift balance to right hand and left knee
– Immediately extend left arm out in front of you and right leg back behind you
– Hold this position, then slowly release and back to starting position, to complete 1 rep.
– Switching sides, perform with the left leg and right arm.
– Continue alternating sides.
- SIDE PLANK SWEEP
– Starting position – in forearm side plank on left arm, right arm extended over shoulder and feet staggered,
– Rotate torso, sweeping your arm down and under the ribcage.
– Reverse the movement with the right arm back to starting position.
– Continue for 20 seconds on this side, then switch sides and repeat another 20 seconds.