If you are the fun of the Eastern kitchen you should try a traditional pad thai flavors into meals at home.
Here you can find the recipe for the Pad Thai with Spaghetti Squash, which has a flavor similar to the traditional dish you can get at any night market or noodle stall in Thailand
You can use spaghetti squash as an alternative to rice-based noodles. This is a way to squeeze more veggies into your meal. The other bonus: you can make extras that will be even tastier the next day, after marinating in the sauce overnight.
Pad Thai with Spaghetti Squash – Recipe
– 20 minutes Prep,
– Cook Time – 1 hour 30 minutes
– Total – 1 hour 50 minutes
Servings 6 servings, Calories 231 kcal/ per serving
– 1 medium spaghetti squash about 3 lbs.
– 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
– 2 Tbsp. tamarind paste or rice wine vinegar
– 2-4 Tbsp. water
– 1 tsp. raw honey
– 3 Tbsp. cornstarch preferably GMO-free
– 12 oz. extra-firm tofu, cut into small cubes
– 1 medium onion thinly sliced
– 8 tsp. peanut oil divided use
– 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
– 2 large eggs lightly beaten
– 4 medium green onions cut into 1-inch pieces
– 3/4 cup fresh bean sprouts
– Lime wedges
– 2 Tbsp. chopped peanuts
– Crushed red pepper
– Cilantro sprigs
1) Place squash on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 60 to 80 minutes in the oven at 350° F.
2) After cooling (20 to 30 minutes), cut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds and scrape flesh into stringy noodles
3) Prepare sauce: Heat the mixture of tamarind paste, honey, fish sauce and water over medium heat. While cooking, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes. If the sauce is too tart, add additional water and set aside.
4) Coated tofu in cornstarch put in a small bowl and mix well.
5) In a heated large wok (or skillet), add 2 tsp. oil, swirling to cover the surface of pan and tofu
6) Cook tofu, stirring constantly (2 to 3 minutes), or until tofu is brown. Remove tofu from pan and set aside on a large plate.
7) Cook onions the same way as tofu, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion are light golden brown, and set aside on the plate with tofu.
8) Repeat the procedure cooking eggs over medium heat without stirring. Cut set eggs with your spatula and remove them and place on a plate with tofu and onions.
9) Cook the garlic in the same way as eggs for 1 minute.
10) Add spaghetti squash to the pan, spreading it into a single layer and cook for 30 seconds, stirring it constantly.
11) Make another single layer, and then another (3 to 6), cooking for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until squash is warm and golden brown.
12) Adding sauce, bean sprouts and green onions and mix well.
13) Adding tofu mixture, cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring it frequently, or until well mixed
14) Serve it on a large serving platter and top with lime wedges, peanuts, cilantro, and crushed red pepper.