Most of the people are informed that a burger and fries isn’t the best choice in your trying to slim down, but what the proper food is, you will learn in this article. The expertise of two nutritionists — Stephanie Clarke, RD, and Willow Jarosh, RD, of C&J Nutrition — will help you to find the perfect equation for how to make a satisfying and delicious lunch that will help you lose weight. Here is advice of two mentioned nutritionists.
What amount of the nutrition you need for a lunch?
For those of you who are trying to lose weight, the aim should be 400-to-450 calories per lunch or if you work out, aim closer to 500 calories.
The carbs should be included in your diet as well, so the amount of 50 to 65 grams (45 to 55 percent of your lunch calories) could be enough. As they offer your body and your brain energy, skimping can leave you feeling lazy, however, overdoing it can also have the same effect, why is very important so stick to this range. The refined carbs, like foods made with white sugar and white flour, are not recommended at all, but starchy veggies and fruits, as well as, whole grains and whole grain bread and pastas are welcomed.
Get 20 to 30 grams of protein (17 to 25 percent of your lunch calories), which satisfied your need. This dose will help to prevent the dreaded afternoon collapse and keep you feeling satisfied post-lunch.
The healthy fats in your lunch improve the quality of your meal, so take 13 to 18 grams (30 to 35 percent of your total lunch calories). Including healthful sources like nuts, seeds, oils, avocado, and olives can help beat sugar cravings later.
For lunch you need at least eight grams of fiber (30 percent of the daily recommended) that can be found in starchy veggies, whole grains and fruit. It will help you reach your fiber goals.
The amount of sugar in healthy lunches should be around four grams of sugar or fewer. If instead of refined sugar you like foods that contain natural sugars, such sweet potato or squash in soups, grapes or dried cranberries in your salad, natural sweeteners like maple syrup, honey in sauces or dressing or whole pieces of fruit, then the amount can increase to 20 grams of sugar. Of course, take care of the hidden sugars in certain products such, sandwich bread (read labels), and choose those without added sugars.
The usual time for lunch is about one to three hours after your morning snack, so if you eat a snack around 10, aim to eat lunch around 12. If you’re so busy, set an alarm on your phone or computer to remind you to stop and grab!
A Few Examples of Perfect Lunches
1) Sesame Ginger Quinoa Salad With Vanilla Greek Yogurt (5.3 ounces) and Blueberries (1/4 cup):
– Calories: 462
– Saturated fat: 1.7 g
– Total fat: 13.6 g
– Fiber: 8.1 g
– Carbs: 58.4 g
– Protein: 28.1 g
– Sugars: 20.2 g
2) Spinach Feta Wrap With a Pear and Raw Almonds (14):
– Calories: 452
– Saturated fat: 5.1 g
– Total fat: 19.5 g
– Fiber: 12.2 g
– Carbs: 54.1 g
– Protein: 20.5 g
– Sugars: 20.4 g
3) Butternut Squash Lentil Soup With Avocado 1/4 fruit and Slice of Whole Wheat Bread Smeared
– Calories: 433
– Saturated fat: 1.6 g
– Total fat: 9.5 g
– Fiber: 22.4 g
– Carbs: 67 g
– Protein: 22.3 g
– Sugars: 20.2 g
4) Greek-Yogurt Chicken Salad on a Whole Wheat Pita With an Apple and Salted Cashews (10):
– Calories: 483
– Saturated fat: 3.2 g
– Total fat: 14.1 g
– Fiber: 10.1 g
– Carbs: 63.8 g
– Protein: 29.7 g
– Sugars: 22.5 g
Snack Mistakes to Avoid
- Waiting until you’re hungry, but avoid heading to lunch when you’re starving.
- Eating out: you should know how many calories are in every meal you ordered. It means, to eat healthy lunch, taking care of hidden high-calorie ingredients and to not go over 600 calories. One of the ways is to pack lunch from home so you know exactly how much you’re eating.
- Not taking a break: When you’re eating your lunch while doing something else like watching TV or working, you cannot be able to fully register each bite because your mind will be too distracted. So, get outside, get away from your desk, or eat lunch with a friend
Original Article: www.popsugar.com