If your fitness intentions are serious in losing weight, sometimes staying home will be much more appealing than dragging your butt to the gym.
Essentially, you need some killer moves and a set of dumbbells to kill calories.
Here is a routine that helps you lose at least 10 pounds.
- SHOULDER TAPS, 3 SETS OF 15 REPS
This is usually used as a warm-up movement and can elevate the heart quickly to get into a fat burning zone.
– Starting position – pushup position with your arms completely straight
– Lift your right hand off the floor and touch your left shoulder, keeping hips stable.
– Return to starting position and repeat on another side to complete one rep
- SQUAT JACKS, 3 SETS OF 15 REPS
This plyometric exercise will get the heart rate into a fat-burning zone quickly, using the lower body.
– Starting position – standing with your feet hip-width apart, lower your body until your knees are bent almost 90 degrees
– Jump your legs outward explosively, and then immediately jumping bring them back to starting position to complete one rep.
- RENEGADE ROW, 3 SETS OF 12 REPS
This exercise will put the whole body under tension, which makes it great for burning fat.
– Starting position – get in the pushup position with your hands on small dumbbells and feet slightly wider than hip-width apart
– Bending your right arm, raise the dumbbell to chest level.
– Return slowly to the floor and repeat on another side to complete one rep.
- SQUAT TO OVERHEAD PRESS, 3 SETS OF 12 REPS
It targets the largest muscles in the lower body, combining with a compound movement with the upper body
– Starting position – Standing with a pair of dumbbells and hold them next to your shoulders
– Squatting down, bring your thighs parallel to the floor.
– Standing up, press the dumbbells directly above your shoulders to complete one rep.
- DUMBBELL DEADLIFT TO ROW, 3 SETS OF 12 REPS
This is a perfect way to target the large posterior muscles in your body.
– Starting position – Standing with slightly bent knees, holding a pair of dumbbells with palms facing your thighs.
– Bending at your hips, lower your torso bringing your upper body almost parallel to the floor and simultaneously bend your elbows to pull both dumbbells to the side and hold this position
– Raising your torso back to starting position, complete one rep.
- DUMBBELL REVERSE LUNGE WITH FRONT RAISE, 3 SETS OF 15 REPS
This move targets your lower body and a single movement of the upper body.
– Starting position – standing, hold a dumbbell with both arms in front of you,
– Stepping backwards with your left leg, lower your body into a lunge, as you are raising your arms in front of you
– Lowering your arms, bring your left leg back to standing position, then repeat on another side to complete one rep.
- MOUNTAIN CLIMBER, 3 SETS OF 20 REPS
That is a great endurance training that seriously engages your core.
– Starting position – pushup position
– Bring your right knee towards your chest
– Return to starting position and repeat with the other foot, to complete one rep.
- DUMBBELL SKIER SWING, 3 SETS OF 15 REPS
This exercise targets tight butt and ripped abs.
– Starting position – standing with a pair of dumbbells at your sides and with feet hip-width apart.
– Pushing your hips back, bring the weights slightly behind you
– Quickly drive your hips forward and squeeze your glutes, while bringing the dumbbells to shoulder height.
– Return to starting position complete one rep.
Source, Original Article: www.womenshealthmag.com