A flatbread is a bread made with flour, water and salt, without yeast, such as pita bread.
In this article, you’ll be familiarized with a low-carb, veggie-packed flatbread that is the perfect piece for a healthy sandwich to grab and go. It can be packed with your favorite fillings and belongs to the Paleo lunchbox!
It is naturally gluten-free and packed with fiber-rich ingredients, and very healthy and easy meal to make. It gets the Vitamin C from cauliflower and amazing anti-inflammatory and immunity-boosting properties of turmeric, which list it in the real “superfoods.”
Turmeric also gives this flatbread a specific color – lovely orange. To prepare it you need only four ingredients.
The almond in this bread is an excellent source of vitamin E, protein and dietary fiber, which helps to keep your digestive system in good shape.
To get a perfect low-carb, veggie-fueled lunch, you can combine it with a spread of mashed avocado and sliced tomatoes, as well as with homemade almond butter for an easy, sweet breakfast. The once baked and sliced you can store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Total time: – 40 MINS
Cook Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Serves: – 8 slices
- 2 cups raw riced cauliflower
- 1 cup almond meal
- 4 eggs
- ½ t sea salt
- 3 t turmeric powder
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and combine them well with a spoon.
- Transferring mixture to the lined baking tray, press it evenly into a rectangle (the layer is about ½-centimeter thick).
- Baking lasts for 30 minutes, or until golden.
- After baking, cool it completely and gently peel the parchment paper from the flatbread.
- You’ll get 8 pieces which are better to be stored in a container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Watch the Video Recipe Below!
Additional Tip: To make it nut-free, you can switch the almond meal for any kind of seed-based meal.