Zucchini is a vegetable that has awesome healing and nutritional benefits. It is rich in fiber (especially in its skin), which helps you keep your digestive system in good condition and decreases the risk of digestion issues.
It is also known that the flavonoid compounds in zucchini prevent cancer, thanks to that fight free radicals in the body.
Zucchini belongs to the group of foods, such avocados, cabbage, and cauliflower, which significantly lower the risk of mouth, stomach and throat cancers.
Because of the high amount of potassium and vitamin C, it increases the quality of the red blood cell levels.
This healthy vegetable is very often used in the kitchen, especially in baking, because it
– Ups your fiber intake
– Adds moisture to recipes
– Increase your intake of veggies to your daily diet
– It is low costly gluten-free solution
– A number of calories are very low
Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread (Recipe)
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 2 cups gluten-free flour mix
- 2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nut/seed milk
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
For the glaze:
- 1/8 cup coconut butter, melted
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/8 cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1) Combine the apple cider vinegar and cashew milk and stir well.
2) Allow it to sit for 5 minutes
3) Combine the poppy seeds, gluten-free flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl
4) In a larger bowl, beat the eggs and add in the coconut sugar and melted coconut oil, and blend evenly blended.
5) Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and fermented cashew milk, and continue blending.
6) Squeezing the moisture from the zucchini fold it into the wet mixture and add all dry ingredients to the wet and continue blending until well combined.
7) Grease 9×5 /10×4 loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes,
8) While baking, you can prepare the glaze;
9) When the loaf is baked, add the glaze to the top while still warm, in order to allow the glaze to set before cutting and serving.
The leftovers can be stored in an airtight container
Note: Try pairing this with some delicious coconut butter.