The advantages of preparing these fritters are low calorie, easy to make, and the perfect way to sneak in some veggies!
They are packed with flavors and healthy for you! When you try it ones we guarantee that this will be your family favorite. This will definitely please adults and children alike.
Hope you Enjoy Your Zucchini Fritters!
Zucchini Fritter with Avocado Dill Dip
It is, also perfect food to take to a potluck or on a picnic!
– 1 large zucchini or 2 small
– ¼ Cup fresh basil;
– 1 clove of garlic peeled and minced
– 1 tablespoon lemon zest
– ¼ cup fresh oregano. Ditto
– ¼ cup gluten free flour
– 2 organic eggs or ‘Flax Egg’
– 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
– ¼ teaspoon Onion powder or to taste
– ¼ teaspoon of pepper or to taste
– Avocado dip base
– ½ cup finely chopped dill
1) Grate zucchini, using the large holes of a box grater. Toss zucchini, with 1/2 teaspoons salt in a strainer set in the sink. After 10 minutes, wring zucchini dry with a clean kitchen towel to remove moisture. Then in a large bowl gently mix zucchini in egg, basil, garlic, lemon zest, oregano, salt and pepper and onion powder, well to combine. Adding slowly flour, stir, so no lumps form.
2) Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or olive oil) in a large cook pan over medium-high heat. Carefully drop about 2 tablespoons zucchini mixture into pan; then repeat, spacing fritters a few inches apart.
3) Cook fritters 2 to 3 minutes (until golden), then lower heat to medium and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes more.
4) Transfer fritters to a plate, setting aside in a warm place.
You can add more veggies e.g. a ½ cup of finely chopped kale or spinach!