Because of some health problems you are trying to cut out dairy, gluten and processed sugars from your diet, you are supposed to miss totally your morning donut. As many of you don’t want to quit that lovely breakfast, we offer you a delicious donut recipe that is gluten – free, without dairy and with a natural sweetener.
This is a perfect solution for the Paleo lifestyle.
Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Donuts
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, slightly melted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 6 tbsp agave syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 ripe bananas, diced
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or chopped dark chocolate)
Instructions / Directions / Method:
- In the beat eggs in a large bowl add all other ingredients (except dark chocolate, diced bananas and chips). Mix them well, so if there will be some lumps don’t worry because they will melt as the donuts bake.
- When you think that the batter is ready, gently fold the diced bananas and dark chocolate chips into it.
- Pour the batter In the greased donut pan with coconut oil.
- Baking lasts 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After a few minutes when the donuts are baked transfer those to a cooling rack.
Health benefits of coconut flour
Coconut flour works a bit different than regular flour in that a smaller quantity can substitute regular flour in your favorite recipes.
Coconut flour is rich in fiber, protein and fat which makes it very filling.
In addition, coconut flour is a source of lauric acid (a good saturated fat) which have significant effects on your immune system and thyroid support.