Banana breakfast cookies belong to healthy cookies that most of the kids love any time of day! They are made with simple ingredients and are full of plenty flavors!
It will become your new favorite way to use up ripe bananas and definitely will end up being ‘anytime’ cookies instead of breakfast cookies!
The texture is similar to a banana bread and is deliciously moist and soft. Of course, you can add the chocolate chips (optional) and get the cookies taste like a real treat! You could certainly replace them with dried fruit, extra raisins or whatever additions your family likes best!
For this recipe is used almond milk, however, you can use whatever type of milk you like best.
Benefits: these cookies contain no butter, no added fats, no oil and no white or brown sugar but they DO contain tons of flavor and are really delicious!
Banana Breakfast Cookies – Recipe
- Preparation time – 10 mins
- Cooking time – 15 mins
- Total time – 25 mins
- Serves: 24 cookies
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine well all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Prepared mixture place on a parchment lined the pan and gently press with a fork.
- Bake 15-18 minutes (until lightly browned).
- Cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 4 days.