Sitting all day at a desk is a reality for many people, as a result of their specific job. This position causes many uncomfortable tenses and sore in your hips, shoulders and lower back.
In a way of trying how to release the tightness and stress of the day, one of the best methods is by stepping onto a yoga mat, and do the following relaxing yoga sequence.
- Wide-Legged Forward Bend Pose
Benefits: – opens tight shoulders and hamstrings.
– Starting position – Standing position with three to four feet between your feet, and your toes turned in slightly.
– Inhaling, engage your abs and pull the hands away from the shoulders, then exhale, and folding at your hips, keep the legs and spine straight.
– Hold this position for five deep breaths, trying to touch the floor.
– Standing come at the front of your mat with both feet together.
– Folding forward come into a Standing Forward Bend and hop the feet back and inhale to Upward Facing Dog.
– Exhaling come to Downward Facing Dog.
- Crescent Moon Pose (Reverse Warrior)
Benefits: stretches out the sides of your torso.
– Starting position – Downward Facing Dog
– Stepping your right foot forward between your hands, come into Warrior 1, with your hips, chest, and arms coming into Warrior 2.
– From Warrior 2, gently arch back and lower your left hand down and reaching the back of your left leg. Your right arm should be overhead.
– Stretching through the right side of the body, continue to lower your hips, and pressing your front knee forward come directly over your right ankle.
– Hold this position for five complete breaths, then lift your torso up,
– Placing your hands on the floor, move through a vinyasa, and return to Down Dog.
– Stepping your left foot forward, repeat this pose on the left side. Then come back to Downward Dog.
- Lizard Pose
Benefits: puts strain on the lower back, so, targets that commonly tight area.
– Starting position – Downward Dog,
– Stepping your right foot forward between your palms, keep your hands on the floor.
– Lowering your left knee to the floor, release your elbows to the floor.
– Squeezing your right knee toward your body, keep your gaze in front of you
– Hold position and, after five breaths, come back onto your hands, and step your right leg back and return to starting position
– Repeat this pose on another side. Then work your way back to Down Dog.
- Seated Spinal Twist
Benefits: This pose is great for relieving tension in your lower back.
– Starting position – sitting on your mat with your legs extended in front of you.
– Bending both knees, place your left heel close to your right sit bone,
– Crossing your right foot over your left knee, plant it on the floor
– Reaching your right arm behind you place your palm on the floor and cross your left elbow over your outer right thigh and gaze behind you and over your right shoulder,
– Hold the position for five breaths.
– Releasing the twist, straighten your legs out in front of you, return to starting position
– Repeat this pose with your left knee pointing up.
- Double Pigeon Pose
Benefits: alleviate lower back pain.
– Starting position – Sitting on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you.
– Bending your left knee, place your shin, and foot on the floor so they’re parallel with your pelvis.
– Bend your right knee, placing it on top so your left knee, shins, and ankles are stacked, and gazing down look that your legs make a little triangle.
– If you want to make it harder, place your hands in front of your shins and walk them out, folding your chest toward your legs.
– Hold this position for five breaths, then slowly rise up and switching legs repeat with your right knee on the floor.
- Plow Pose
Benefits: stretches your lower back, upper back and neck.
– Starting position – sitting with your legs extended in front of you.
– Rolling slowly onto your back, raise your hips into the air, simultaneously knitting the fingers in a double fist and extending the arms straight.
– Extend your legs over your head, hips over your shoulders.
– Stay in this position for five breaths and then lowering your hips to the floor, hug your knees into your chest.
- Happy Baby Pose
Benefits: relieves tightness in the lower back.
– Starting position – from the last position of Plow Pose, after few breaths, separate your legs, and hold them onto the outside edges of your flexed feet with your hands, while your arms are on the outsides of your legs.
– Use your upper-body strength and equally press both knees to the floor, without tensing your shoulders or chest, keeping everything relaxed.
– Hold this position for five deep breaths.
Sources : www.popsugar.com