In general, almost every move in Pilates works your core, but if you want to flatten your abs then there’s definitely a way how you can do it.
We offer you 9 belly-sculpting Pilates exercises that shape a six-pack in no time.
- THE HUNDRED
– Starting position – (A) Laying flat with your legs together and long and arms by your sides
– (B) Lifting both legs a few inches off the mat, raise your head and arms over your thighs
– (C) Take a long, steady inhale for five pumps and a long, steady exhale for five pumps and repeat once more to complete one set
Perform two to five sets aiming up to 100 pumps.
– Starting position – A) Sitting tall with a straight back and long waist, open your arms straight out to your sides at shoulder height and your legs wider than your shoulders,
– B) Rotating your trunk the left, round over your left knee as you inhale,
– C) Exhaling, slide your right hand along your outer foot in three progressive forward “sawing” motions while drawing back your left arm to create diagonal opposition
– Inhale return to starting position and repeat the sequence, on another side to complete one set
Perform three sets.
- DOUBLE-LEG STRETCH
– Starting position – A) Hug both knees into your chest, keeping your head lifted forward and your elbows wide
– B) Inhaling with control and reaching your legs forward and arms backward—stretch in opposite side and draw your abs in deeply to support your spine
– C) Exhaling slowly, deepen back into your hug position,
Perform six reps.
– Starting position – A) Laying on your back with your hands behind your lifted head and with your knees bent tightly into your chest
– B) Inhaling slowly, twist your torso to the left until your right elbow touches your left knee and straighten your right leg forward at the same time. Exhaling with control, twist on opposite side to complete one set
Alternate sides, completing six sets
– Starting position – A) Laying flat on your back with long, sturdy arms by your sides, squeeze your legs together tightly and lift them overhead,
– B) Pointing your toes, exhale with control and roll back down your spine, leaning your body slightly to the right
– C) Circle your legs to the left and inhale slowly
– D) Rolling up the left side of your body and scooping your abs, lift your bottom to complete one set
Reversing the circle direction each time, complete three sets.
- SINGLE-LEG CIRCLES I
– Starting position – (A). Laying flat with your arms by your side, stretch one leg up to the ceiling as straight and as close to the perpendicular as possible
– B) Draw circles in the air with your leg,
– C) Circle down toward the ankle
– D) Circle out, around, and back up, keeping your movements controlled.
Perform five circles in each direction and then switch legs.
- TEASER I
– Starting position – A) Laying back with your arms overhead and your legs in opposite side
– B) Inhaling with control, bring your arms forward, and begin lifting your legs
– C) Start rolling up toward your feet, when your arms are parallel to your thighs, articulating one vertebra at a time.
Perform this move three times.
– Starting position – A) Laying on your stomach stretch your arms forward with the palms down, and lift your arms, legs, chest, and head up and hold
– B) Inhale and exhale normally and alternate lifting right arm/left leg and
– C) Left arm/right leg without touching them down to the mat.
Counting slowly from 1 to 10 (like swimming), lift higher and reach longer with each progressive count.
- SIDE BEND
– Starting position – A) Sitting on one hip, prop up on one hand, extend your legs to the side with ankles stacked
– B) Inhaling with control lift your hip away from the mat and reach your arm overhead, coming in a high, lifted arc in the torso
– C) Bringing the hand from overhead back to your outer thigh, turn your chin to your outer shoulder
– Exhaling slowly, lower to the starting position to complete one cycle.
Perform three cycles.