As your inner thighs can accumulate a plenty of fat, the right exercises can go a long way in eliminating that extra padding. Having in mind that no exercise, which can target fat in a specific area, you must burn fat on your entire body. To get the best results it requires diet modification and a specific workout. The diet modification should be based on avoiding foods high in refined sugar and saturated fat, whole grains and lean proteins such as egg whites, beans and cottage cheese, nutrient-dense foods like green and leafy vegetables.
Even you don’t have an access to gym equipment, you can do a huge variety of training exercises in your own home. Some training that strengthens the thigh muscles and includes side lunges, plie squats, squat & kick, inner leg lifts, skater hops, outer leg lifts, leg circles, fire hydrants, and fire hydrant kicks. A mix of several or all of these exercises for at least 15 minutes will help strengthen the thighs.
- Suspended Stability Lunge:
The advantage should be taken from your body weight in order to help strengthen your leg muscles. This challenging exercise targets your core strengthens your thighs and increases flexibility in your hips.
– Starting positions – standing position with a weight bench or TRX straps behind you.
– Elevate one leg behind you and place the foot of the lifted leg in the TRX strap or on the bench.
– Lowering your body weight into a lunge position, maintain your balance as lower and lift.
– Do 7-10 reps on the right leg, then repeat on the left.
– For a greater challenge add 5-10 pound dumbbells.
- Scissor Leg Plank:
Plank exercises are basic for six pack abs and strong core, reducing thighs fat. The Scissor Leg Plank variation targets the inner thighs along with the chest, arms, core, and glutes.
– Starting positions – Start in a classic plank position with feet placed on small folded towels.
– Side the feet apart and open the legs as wide as possible, while your upper body should be fixed
– Slowly squeeze the inner thighs to slide the legs back together.
Perform 2 sets of 15 repetitions.
- Cossack Squat:
This variation of squats is the best exercise for inner thighs. The body weight movement provides a unique training impetus to the lower body and helps to shape the glutes and thighs from each angle.
– Starting positions – Standing with your arms relaxed at the sides and feet placed wider than shoulder width apart
– Squat down deeply to the left while turning the right toes up and flexing the right foot.
– Extend the arms straight out.
– Get back to the starting position and perform the squat on the opposite side. That completes 1 rep.
– Repeat 12 times.
- Side Shuffle Switch:
It gets your heart rate up and recruits your inner-thigh muscles to help you quickly switch directions.
– Starting positions – standing with your arms by your sides and feet together.
– ‘Shuffle’ to your right, taking three quick steps to the side (right – left – right),
– Lift your left knee up, swinging your right arm forward.
– Reverse your shuffle (left – right – left) and land with your right knee up
– Alternating sides, repeat 20 times in a row as fast as you can.
- Low Lunge with Isometric Adduction:
This exercise activates your inner-thigh muscles and also engages the rest of your body. It is more effective way to train than those machines at the gym.
– Starting positions – Stand with your feet together, arms by your sides.
– Taking a wide step forward with your right foot, lower into a deep lunge position.
– Place your hands on the floor on the inside of your right foot.
– Pressing your right knee into the outside of your right shoulder, squeeze and hold the contraction for 10 counts.
– Push off the floor with your right leg return to standing position. That’s one rep.
– Repeat with the left leg to complete 1 set.
– Complete 3 sets total.
- Pivoting Curtsy Lunge:
Performing an exercise you’ll work your leg muscles and it will tone your inner and outer thighs.
– Starting positions – standing position with feet hip-width apart,
– Step one foot diagonally behind you into a 7 o’clock spot.
– Bend both knees, forming a lunge position.
– Lean your torso forward about 30 degrees. Pulse up and down for about 10 times.
– Raise up and reverse by pivoting 180 degrees.
– Repeat the steps 10 times per set.
- Stability Ball Leg Lifts:
This exercise with a stability ball makes the inner thigh workouts a bit more challenging in helping to tone the core and inner thighs.
– Starting positions – lying on your side with a stability ball placed between your feet and your arms kept crossed in front of your body.
– Gently lift the legs, keeping the ball, up towards the ceiling using your hips and butt
– Return to the starting position and complete 1 repetition.
– Complete 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
- Sumo Squat With Side-Arm Raises:
Sumo squat helps to develop shapely legs but it also focuses on the inner thighs.
– Starting positions – standing with your legs open wide and toes pointed slightly outward. Hold a pair of dumbbells in your hands with your arms straight and palms facing down.
– Bend your knees while they are over your ankles, raising your arms just below shoulder height.
– Stretching your legs, bring down your arms simultaneously.
– Perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions.