This set of exercises is made of 7 excellent leg exercises that will tighten, strengthen, and tone your butt, hamstrings, quads and calves.
To perform them you’ll need only a Swiss ball, a box to jump and some dumbbells.
Incorporating this set of exercises into your routine you’ll be able to tone and shape your legs.
- Calf Raises
Many of the people, especially beginners often overlooked calves. Here, you’ll target those calves directly.
– Starting position – Stand of the back of the chair which is used for support
– Slowly lift your heels to stand on your tiptoes.
– The movements should be slow, that engages both calves.
– Stay on the top of the movement for about a second
To make it harder: you could do the workouts by wearing waist weight belt.
- Box Jumps
For this exercise, you’ll need a sturdy box or platform
– Starting position – A) Standing in front of the box, hands joined in front of your chest
– B) Jump up onto the box
– C) Hold a squat at the top.
The muscles of your core should be tightened all the time, your knees slightly bent each time you land
Jump down and repeat for one rep.
- Single-Leg Deadlift
This exercise builds strong hamstrings and glutes, as well as promoting balance and coordination with each downward movement.
– Starting position – Standing on one leg, hold another leg a few inches above the ground and hold the dumbbells in both hands (or a heavy weight like a medicine ball)
– Raising the floating leg backwards, reach both dumbbells in your hands down toward the ground.
Return to the starting position to complete a rep.
- Glute Bridges
They are great for your glutes, but also provide a great workout for your pelvic region, thighs and core.
– Starting position – laying face up on your mat, knees bent and hold the dumbbell on the abdomen with both hands.
– Raise your hips up toward the ceiling so your body forms a completely flat bridge between your arms and legs.
– With each push, hold the position at the top for about two seconds before returning to the starting position. Make the movement from your hips and go through a full range of motion
- Swiss Ball Hamstring Curls
For this exercise, you’ll need a Swiss ball, which works both the hamstrings and glutes.
– Starting position – laying on your back on a mat, place your legs and heels on top of a Swiss ball.
– Raising your hips off the floor, press the shoulders on the floor, bearing the weight of your upper body.
– Pulling the stability ball toward your butt in one motion and roll it back out to the starting position. That is one rep.
- Wall Sits
These exercises are great for warming down after demanding workout.
– Starting position – Sitting with your back against a wall, without rounding your back when it’s against the wall.
– Hold your head straight and your upper and lower back areas in contact with the wall, while you’re sitting on an invisible chair. Hold the sitting position for a minimum of 40 seconds.
- Bulgarian Split Squats
For this exercise, you need weights to give you tighter glutes and stronger quads and bench or raised platform
– Starting position – place one of your legs on the bench and another leg should be supporting your weight.
– Slowly squat down on the supporting leg, forming a 90-degree angle
– Come back up for one squat.
Repeat the motion with the other leg.