If you don’t have time to hit the gym and your patience to firm up your legs ends, you can still have the option to do something that will motivate you to continue on your way to look sexy. Try this high-intensity outer thigh workout, created by Alex Silver-Fagan, a New York City-based fitness trainer, which is a time-based workout. It will get the blood flowing to your thigh muscles, raise your heart rate and resulted in getting some extra definition — in only five minutes flat.
Repeating the sequence twice and a few times a week, you will really see results in burning the fat.
You only need sportswear, your bodyweight and good will! Let’s start, by following instructions and the GIFs bellow:
- Pop Squats (60 Seconds)
– Starting position – standing, with palms held together at chest-height and your feet slightly wider than shoulders-width apart
– Bending your knees, sit into a deep squat with your thighs parallel to the floor
– Dynamically make a movement, extending your arms and legs while you are jumping straight up off the floor.
– Landing with soft knees complete one rep,
Continue right with the next squat.
- Travelling Lunges (30 Seconds per Side)
– Starting position – Standing on your right leg with your hands on your hips,
– Keeping your shoulders stacked over your hips and bending both knees 90 degrees, take a large step backwards with your left leg.
– Pressing through your right heel return to starting position, then take a large step forward with the same leg.
– Return to the center, completing one rep.
Continue to alternate forward and backwards lunges for 30 seconds, then switch legs and repeat the same on opposite side.
- Lateral Lunge with Kick (30 Seconds per Side)
– Starting position – Standing on your left leg, take a large step out to the side with your right foot.
– Bending your right knee about 90 degrees, lower into a side lunge and press off the right heel to come back, raising your right knee as you come up.
– Kick straight out to the side, without dropping the right foot
– Bringing your right foot back down to the floor and land in your wide stance. That completes one rep.
Continue alternating between kick and a side lunge for 30 seconds, then switching sides, continue for another 30 seconds.
- Triple Curtsy Lunge (30 Seconds per Side)
– Starting position – Standing on your left leg, extended your left arm out to the side and right elbow bent with hand raised
– Tap your right toes tree times, diagonally behind you – first tap closer, second tap a few inches farther and third and a few inches farther than the second.
– Bend both knees 90 degrees to lower into a curtsy squat, keeping your shoulders stacked over your hips,
– Pressing through the left heel, come back to starting position. That completes one rep.
Continue on the right foot for 30 seconds, then switching legs continue for another 30 seconds.
- Switch Lunge Squats (60 Seconds)
– Starting position – standing with your feet slightly wider than shoulders-width apart.
– Bending both knees, sit back into a deep squat.
– Extending your legs, jump straight up and swing your left arm forward and right arm backwards, landing with your right foot a few feet ahead of your left foot.
– With your shoulders stacked over your hips, bend both knees about 90 degrees.
– Jump up again reverse lead arms and legs in the air, and land with your left foot a few feet ahead of your right foot.
– Jump straight up out of the split squat and land in starting position with your feet parallel, bending both knees 90 degrees. That completes one rep.