This 30-day ab challenge is the best way to lose belly fat and strengthen your core muscles.
Most of the people think that the abs are probably the most important muscle group in the body. All of you, whether you care about having toned abs or not – training your abs goes farther.
By involving your entire core, you engage your mid-torso that include your lower back, deeper abdominals, side abs (obliques) and the most superficial, six-pack abs.
Their functions are linked with the support of your spine and enable body functions and movements. Most of your motion originate in your core or move through it.
This is why your abs should be trained, which is a way to allow your core to strengthen, your body and improve its mobility more efficiently and effectively. But not only the abs are affected, it is very important for your daily life and almost everything you do.
Training your abs will reduce your belly fat and lean muscle mass in your midsection.
Lose belly fat
Countless studies showed that the best way how you can lose belly fat is in fact through healthy eating and exercises.
Nobody should expect to lose belly fat in a week, but by committing to this ab workout challenge bellow and adhering healthy eating, you’ll see how your unwanted fat around your belly melts off week after week in 30 days.
Not only your midsection will be strengthened, but your entire body is strengthening, back pain being reduced, posture being corrected and performance being improved.
The 30-day ab challenge
The four exercises included in this challenge are ranked among the top on ACE’s best ab exercises based on muscle activation level. They are the plank, bicycle crunch, side plank, and long arm crunch.
For faster and better results from this 30-day workout challenge, you can perform a 30 – day squat challenge or 30-day arm workout challenge in combination to this ab challenge.
By combining several challenges you will target a separate area of your body and cover a wider and more muscle groups in your body.
Follow the instructions for the exercises below and repeat the prescribed repetitions or make it harder if you can.
If you are a beginner, perform one set per day, but for more challenges, perform 2-3 sets.
However, it is recommended that towards the end of the challenge it can be intense even just for one set. You should pace yourself as you go and know your limits.
But it shouldn’t be just one month challenge, you can do it again to keep breaking your own records!
Follow the instructions:
- Plank Exercise
You can do it to build core strength and slim your waistline. It can be, also performed everywhere, since it doesn’t require any equipment.
This exercise also engages your arms, shoulders, back and glutes, because it is working full-body in just one exercise.
– Starting position – laying face down, legs straight out behind you, feet and knees together. Your elbows should be bent, with your forearms facing each other, and your weight is transferred on your forearms.
– Contracting your abdominals and propping your body off the mat, form a straight line from your heels to your head.
Perform it for the prescribed number of repetitions or seconds.
For beginners – start with the kneeling plank until you build enough core strength to perform the basic plank.
- Side Plank
It targets and works the obliques (love handles or muffin tops), abs as well as the lower back muscles that support your spine.
By improving your core strength, you’ll have a better stable back that is less prone to lower back injuries.
– Starting position – lie down on your right side, propping your upper body up on your right elbow and forearm, with your legs straight out
– Contracting your abs, raise your hips off the floor, forming a straight line from your ankles to the shoulders. Stay in this position for the prescribed amount of time.
– Switch the side and repeat.
- Long Arm Crunch – V-Crunch
Long arm or V crunches targets the muscles in your abdomen by engaging your rectus abdominis, six-pack muscles, obliques and the lower abs. Like in the previous exercises, as a bodyweight exercise, you can do it anywhere without needing any fitness tool.
– Starting position – Lie face up flat on your back with your arms and legs straight.
– Contracting your abs, in one movement, simultaneously raise your torso and legs in an attempt to touch your toes with your hands.
Make a break for 1-2 seconds and then lower your body back down to the starting position, to complete one rep.
Continue for the prescribed number of repetitions.
- Bicycle Crunch
By doing it you’ll effectively target and work your obliques and rectus abdominis all at once.
– Starting position – lie flat on the floor, pressing your lower back to the ground. Put your hands behind your head and bring your knees in towards your chest, while your shoulder blades are off the ground.
– Straightening your right leg out to about a 45-degree angle, turn your upper body to the left, bringing your right elbow towards the left knee, moving at the same time your rib cage, not just your elbows.
– Switching sides, do the same motion on the other side to complete one rep.
Continue performing for the prescribed number of repetitions.
Better results are guaranteed if you invite your friends, family members and co-workers to join you in this challenge!
Let us know your progress and results at the end of your challenge and share it with friends.