21 Healthy Meals for under 50$??? Here’s How to Make It
Eating healthy is a common question in nowadays, and there is a misunderstanding that eating healthy means to pay much more. In this article, we will show you that you will be able to prepare 21 healthy meals, with the ingredients bought for less than $50.
These three single-serving meals a day for a week will keep your wallet AND your belly happy!
Here’s the list of the ingredients for the next seven days:
- 1 sweet potato, $0.49
- 2 lbs. frozen broccoli florets, $2.99
- 1 Russet potato, $0.36
- 5oz cherry tomatoes, $2.99
- 2 green bell peppers, $1.20
- 3 bananas, $0.71
- 1 bunch of carrots, $0.89
- 16 oz. fresh strawberries, $2.99
- 2 Fuji apples, $0.79
- 1 head romaine lettuce, $1.79
- 6 oz. fresh blueberries, $3.99
- 25 lbs. boneless and skinless chicken breasts, $2.49
- 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar, $2.50
- 32 fl oz. unsweetened almond milk, $1.99
- 32 oz. non-fat Greek yogurt, $4.99
- 8 oz. oven-roasted turkey breast, $3.50
- 15 oz. all-natural peanut butter, $2.89
- 30 oz. can of black beans, $1.79
- 18 oz. old-fashioned rolled oats, $2.99
- 4 oz. whole wheat tortillas, $2.69
- 20 oz. whole wheat bread, $1.99
- 1lb uncooked brown rice, $0.99
Your total was $49.79!
This is a recipe guide — it’s a way to show the healthy combinations you can make with all the food you’re getting for under $50!
- a) Breakfast: Berry Smoothie
– Blend Greek yogurt, some berries, and a splash of almond milk together
– You can try one of this recipe https://www.facebook.com/officialgoodful/videos/1466835863386875/
- b) Lunch: Turkey Cobb Salad
Combine lunch of hard boiled egg, chopped turkey breast, tomatoes, and a sprinkle of cheese on a bed of lettuce. You’ll get a protein-packed salad!
- c) Dinner: Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bowl
Get a classic rice bowl made with grilled chicken, steamed broccoli and brown rice.
- a) Breakfast: Berry Oatmeal
Combine some instant oats in almond milk and top with blueberries and strawberries. You can add in some peanut butter.
- b) Lunch: Fried Egg And Broccoli Rice Bowl
For this meal take a brown rice, steamed broccoli and a fried egg on top!
- c) Dinner: Chicken And Veggie Quesadilla
Prepare a filling quesadilla with whole wheat tortillas, cheese, bell pepper and grilled chicken.
You can combine it with black beans and a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- a) Breakfast: Berry Parfait
Make an easy breakfast with lust layer Greek yogurt and fresh berries.
- b) Lunch: Turkey And Cheddar Wrap
For this lunch, you need turkey, cheddar slices and a whole wheat tortilla. It is easy to prepare, wrap the ingredients in a whole wheat tortilla. You can also pair it with carrot sticks and a side salad!
- c) Dinner: Chicken Burrito Bowl
Throw some chopped grilled chicken breast, black beans, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, and a dollop of Greek yogurt on some brown rice for a delicious burrito bowl.
- a) Breakfast: Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal
Cook up some almond milk and instant oatmeal, then top it with peanut butter and banana slices.
- b) Lunch: Broccoli Cheddar Baked Potato
Lunch is combined with a baked potato stuffed with cheddar cheese and broccoli. Bake potato in the oven at 425ºF for 50 to 60 minutes.
- c) Dinner: Black Bean And Rice-Stuffed Bell Pepper
This dinner is made of a roasted bell pepper stuffed with brown rice, tomatoes, black beans and cheese! Roast the bell pepper at 400ºF for 30 minutes.
- a) Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs And Whole Wheat Toast
The breakfast of whole wheat toast, two scrambled eggs and berries is well balanced.
- b) Lunch: Chicken And Veggie Salad
Make a salad of chicken and some greens with a little bell pepper.
- c) Dinner: Black Bean And Cheese-Stuffed Sweet Potato
Roast holed sweet potato at 400ºF for 45 minutes. When it is done, fill it with black cheese and beans.
- a) Breakfast: Cheese And Veggie Omelet
For this breakfast, you can make a hearty omelet with two eggs, tomatoes, bell peppers and cheese! Combine it with whole wheat toast and a side of berries.
- b) Lunch: Peanut Butter And Banana Sandwich
You can prepare a classic banana and peanut butter sandwich for lunch and add a few sliced berries!
- c) Dinner: Bean And Cheese Quesadilla
It is prepared of black bean and cheese quesadilla. It can be paired with a dollop of Greek yogurt in place of sour cream!
- a) Breakfast: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Prepare it from some instant oats in almond milk and combine it with sliced apples and cinnamon.
- b) Lunch: Chicken Burrito
It is combined with some chicken, black beans and brown rice in a whole wheat tortilla. You can pair it with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and Greek yogurt on the side.
- c) Dinner: Chicken And Rice-Stuffed Bell Pepper
Fill roasted bell pepper (at 400F for 30 minutes) with brown rice, cheese and chopped chicken breast.
Read the original article at: