Losing weight is not related just with the exercising or counting how much calories you will take or burn. It is much more about the food you are eating, how much you eat and what do you eat. If your goal is to slim down one of the best ways is to eat healthier.
Start to follow this tips by Leslie Langevin of Whole Health Nutrition that we will represent you and you will get the best ideas for the meals planning for the whole week. That means that you will have to cook and cut the ingredients whenever you have a free Sunday.
- Eat veggies for at least two meals and one snack per day: Don’t ever limit your veggie intake to just lunch and dinner. Add any kind of veggies to your breakfast, make veggie smoothie between the meals, or add beans into your night oats.
- Plan out every meal and snack: Try to include protein, carbs, fiber, and healthy fats in your meals or in the snack. The snack might me easier and lighter than the meals.
- Plan for cravings for sweets: Try not to ignore this craving for sweets and desserts. You could occasionally use some healthy, low-calories ways to satisfy them. Treat yourself with chocolate peanut butter protein balls that you are keeping in the fridge.
- Plan for difficult times: If you just can`t wait to have dinner, eat one apple in the hour that is the most difficult for you to deal with the hunger.
- Freeze things in muffin tins: When you don`t have time to prepare a decent meal, you might try the turkey meatloaves, sausage egg muffins, or steel-cut oatmeal that you will get out of the freeze and warm up.
- Have one large salad any time of the day: Eat one big jar of salad any time of the day. If you choose a salad for dinner you could prepare lettuce or kale, wash them good and put them in the towel to keep them fresh.
- Have cut-up veggies on hand: If you manage to prepare the veggies in advanced you will always have them ready forsteaming, or sauteing, for soups, or for snacking. You could cut cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potatoes, squash, and green beans when you are free and use them whenever you will need a healthy and delicious meal.
- Roast a pan of mixed veggies: Have them ready so you can add them to the salads, quinoa, or any other meal you will choose.
- Beans or grains: Prepare the beans and add them in the dry brown rice, quinoa, millet, or barley. Cook them and set them in the fridge for another time.
- Chop once: If you are preparing the ingredients for the meals in advanced for the other week, we are giving you theadviceto choponions, red peppers, celery, and carrots. They will stay fresh for one week.
- Overnight oats: Make them all in once and put them in the fridge. You could eat them before bed combined with milk and maple syrup.
- Crockpot love: Try the crockpot oatmeal or chickpea curry. Make them for and store them for colder days.
- Hard-boiled eggs: You can cook one dozen hard-boiled eggs and them into snacks and salads whenever you want that kind of breakfast. You can keep them in the fridge for 5 days.
- Plan one meal to indulge: That will keep you satisfied about eating healthy the whole coming week.
- Extra chicken: You can make as twice as much you can eat for lunch. The rest of the chicken you could add in the salad or any other snack.
- Take your time: Preparing, cutting, and cooking might take you a lot of time. But don`t rush. Just think about the delicious meals and snacks that you will have in the next days and you will feel better.