Maybe one of the reasons that you are not exercising is that you don’t like the training in the gym or simply can’t make it to a class. However, you can shape your legs at home, using only your bodyweight.
- Squat and Reach
– Starting position – standing with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart and toes pointed slightly outward.
– Sit back into your deep squat, keeping your weight on your heels, (knees do not go beyond your toes).
– Hold this position, then raise both of your arms overhead and stay in this position for a moment,
– Returning to a standing position while lowering your arms to your sides, complete one rep.
Perform three sets of 10 reps.
- Around-the-World Squat Hop
– Starting position – standing in the bottom right corner of the visualized large square on the floor with your feet hip-distance apart.
– Keep weight in the heels, and bending the knees, squat down.
– Taking a huge jump forward to the top right corner of that “square”, land quietly back into a squat.
– Keeping going around the square, jump to the left, jumping back behind you, and jumping to the right.
– Return to the starting position.
Perform as many jumps as you can for 40 seconds.
- Jump Squat Heel Click
– Starting position – standing with the feet slightly wider than your hips and keeping your weight in your heels bend your knees and squat.
– Jumping up as high as you can, bring your feet together so they touch each other
– Landing quietly back into a squat, to complete one rep.
Perform two sets of 10 reps.
- Twisted Chair Pose
– Starting position – standing with your legs together and your knees softened. Your arms are overhead and your palms are joined together, while your chest is down toward your knees.
– Stay in this position as you drop your tailbone down and pulse 10 to 15 times.
– Your legs should be squeezed together for support.
– Crossing your left elbow over your right thigh, hold here for five breaths, and lift up back to the center, twisting to the left side for another five.
Perform it twice more on each side to complete one rep.
- Squat with Side Kick
– Starting position – standing with your feet parallel and shoulder-width distance apart, holding your hands out in front of you for balance. Lowering your hips deeply into a squat, bend your knees and keep weight back on your heels.
– Rising back up, straighten the legs completely and lift the right leg out to the side, squeezing the outer glute.
– Stepping the right foot back into starting position, complete one rep.
Perform three sets of 10 reps on each side.
- 180 Jump Squat
– Starting position – in a deep squat with your legs a bit wider than your hips, twist your torso to the right and reach your left hand toward the floor and right hand to the ceiling.
– Jumping up, spin to the left 180 degrees, bringing both hands overhead.
– Landing softly in a deep squat, twist your torso to another side to complete one rep.
Perform 20 reps, alternating sides.
- Sumo Squat
– Starting position – Standing with your feet wide, toes pointing out.
– Bending your knees, lower your hips deeply, bringing your thighs parallel with the floor, making sure to keep your weight back on your heels.
– Rising back up, and straightening the legs completely, squeeze the glutes at the top of the movement.
Perform three sets of 20 reps.
- Pulsing Sumo Squat
– Starting position – standing with your legs opened wide to the sides and your toes turned slightly outward, bend your knees and place your hands on your hips,
– Your shoulders should remain directly over your hips and your knees should be in line with your feet.
– Holding the second position, perform small pulses up and down, moving about an inch.
Perform two to three sets of 20 pulsing reps.
- Wide Squat with Calf Raise
– Starting position – standing with your feet about three to four feet apart, bring your hands together in front of your chest and squat down, while your thighs are parallel with the floor,
– Lift your left heel off the floor and start to pulse the hips up and down,
Perform 10 pulses with both heels and repeat two more times.
- Sumo Squat Jump
– Starting position – Standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and slightly turned out, place arms resting on your hips.
– Bending your knees and plié, jump up explosively, while your core is engaged.
– Landing with control, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep.
Perform two sets of 10 reps.
Source,Original Article: www.popsugar.com